söndag 15 januari 2012

Millis Music Magazine with Ultraviolet Alter

Now its time to restart Millis Music Magazine again and first out in this restart is Ultraviolet Alter. She is an talented musician with a special sound in her songs, full of electronic and magic sounds. You can listen to Ultraviolets music on Soundcloud.


Before the interview starts I want to say that the answers in this are from July 2011.

How would you describe your music, what style is it?
It is hard for me to say that there is one style, I dont try to find or stay in a style although I can say there are many styles I dont do. But I have had the reflection that what I do has a signature in some way.

How long have you been doing music?
In this form not very long, I do have some acoustic instruments that I play too like the Oud, Kemenche, classical guitar, violin as an example.

Are you writing your own songs?
Everything I do is original.

What comes first when writing your songs, the lyrics or the music?
For performance I try to prepare sounds and grooves so that when I play it is as close to improvisation as possible with as much 'imprevu' as possible. I have also another side which is recording and composing which can be found on Souncloud.com with my name UltraSonne. I do some music for machinima on SL too.

Where do you find the inspiration for your music?
From dance and from different cultures around the world, their colours art and music their expressions. I dont look for inspiration for music I look for sympathethic connections that resonate in feelings and somehow I know that they will play out in what I do.

Who are your role models in music?
I wouldn't say I have role models, there are musicians and music that I like, but then that is not the same all the time, it changes like runes and things seem to find me and we spend time together for a while and become friends.


How long have you played in SL?
Maybe a year and a half or so, time passes very quickly.

Do you also play in RL?
Only for or with friends.

What is the difference between playing in SL compared to RL?
You enter into an immersive universe in sl where you can create not just the music but the nature also and where all play a part to make it happen in the moment. It is not any less real than what is called RL (I prefere the term FL - First Life) I love the idea of the moment unique, happening once, that leaves a trace in our experience, the outside form then dissembles and has to be reborn anew, like it never happened before.

Why did you join SL? Was it because of your music-making or something else?
It was just to explore what I had heard about SL

Which is your favorite venue to play in? Which is your favorite song to perform?
I dont have a favourite venue as I play mainly for vernissage each one is the favourite of the moment. I dont have favourite song or tune as I never do something more than once.

Do you remember your first SL gig? Please, tell us about it.
I do it was a vernissage for Betty Tureaud who was trusting enough to let me play at her opening. I was very nervous and not sure I wouldnt ruin the evening but something else took over and it was a great night...

What are your plans for the future in SL?
I dont plan I just trust and know that good things will happen - and they always do......

My friend Apmel is a big fan of Ultraviolet so he had picked out a video with her from Youtube .


It´s also Apmel that have taken the pictures in this blogpost. Thanks!

I wish Ultraviolet Alter the best of luck with her musical career in SL/RL.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar